Thursday, January 8, 2015

Finally settling down

We have been here at the RV park now for 2½ weeks, and we are just starting to relax and settle down. It’s been a real chore packing the 5vr. Finding that perfect spot for all the stuff we transferred from the motorhome.

We have been watching the cold weather everyone has been having “up north”. It finally reached us here in Florida last night getting down to 46F. Electric heater with our “fireplace” kept us plenty warm. I did fire up the furnace only to find out that it does not work. I placed a phone call to General RV and they said I could bring it in on a 1st. come 1st. served to their service area, or I have the option of waiting for when I get back to Michigan and take it in to our local General RV there. Wilma and I have decided to wait until April and take it in when we get home in Michigan.

Wilma and I, along with Denny our neighbor, took a walk to the public boat docks on Lettuce Lake. Looking across the lake we noticed a Gator sunning himself on the shore.

2015-01-05 Gator2015-01-05 Gator3 You might have to look close, but he is looking away from the water, just to the left of the boat.

Last Saturday morning Wilma and I were volunteered to host the “Saturday Morning Breakfast”. We had help from two of our neighbors who have experience doing the breakfast. I was a nervous wreck prior to the breakfast, but all turned out well. We made a profit of a little over $100.00 for the park, and we all had a great time socializing with other RV’ers.

2015-01-05 Hosting Breakfast That’s all for now…so until next time, be safe and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment