Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Outpatient Therapy

Today was my first day of outpatient therapy. The RX says I can receive as much as 3 times a week for 8 weeks. They started the schedule of twice a week until the PT tech decides if I need additional work.

The first day of PT is taken up by getting measurements of how far the leg moves at different angles. We found that my right leg only has about half the movement it should have. This troubled me little but she assured me that the therapy I receive on my left leg should also be done on my right leg, thus getting it to move within the specs.

As it’s just been 3 weeks since surgery, she felt I was doing above normal. It drew a shocked look on her face when I told her I got on my rider lawn mower last Saturday and cut the grass.

My New Toy!

She assured me it would be ok to do that just as long as I don’t break the restrictions for movement the Dr. gave me. I assured her that it wasn’t any different than driving my Pickup. Last year with the right hip surgery, it was at least 3 months before I could drive.

That is just about it for new news that’s happening, so….

Until next time, be safe and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment